Past and recent projects carried out by the agency
Achievements Of Oyo State College Of Nursing and Midwifery
- Immediately after the inception of the present administration in the State led by Engr. Seyi Makinde, the College was given Full Accreditation by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, for the first time in over seven (7) decades of its existence. This was made possible by the magnanimity and visionary leadership of His Excellency, who released a substantial amount to support the accreditation exercise which took place in November, 2019.
- In addition to the full accreditation status, the College was given increase in the number of intakes for the three (3) programmes being run, that is, Basic Nursing from 50 to 100, Post Basic Midwifery from 50 to 60 and Basic Midwifery from 30 to 50.
- The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria equally gave approval to the College to commence training of Community Nurses and Midwives.
- The College and her satellite campus (School of Basic Midwifery, Kishi) are now wearing new faces with various renovation works done.
- The College has block of three (3) classrooms and two (2) classrooms recently completed for the use of Nursing and Midwifery departments respectively.